Air Force and Artillery Unit of the Yemeni army forces launched a joint attack on Monday targeting gatherings of the Saudi-led coalition, backed by the US, troopers and paid fighters in Kilo-16 area of the West Coast, while the spokesman revealed information about the cluster bombs against Yemen.
A military source told YemenExtra that the joint attack was carried out after careful monitoring, hitting its target accurately.
Earlier on Sunday, the Air Force and Artillery Unit carried out a joint operation targeting gatherings of the coalition troopers and paid fighters on the West Coast.
Yemeni army forces spokesman, Brigadier General Yahya Saree, said on Monday that the Air Force has carried out during the past few days 7 operations in the West Coast and in Nehm Front.
Spokesman of the Armed Forces, Brigadier General Yahya Sari, said on Monday that “the coalition of the US-Saudi aggression did not respond in the field to the calls to ceasefire, pointing to the continuation of its hostile operations in the field and the number of crimes and attacks during the past ten days.”
Brigadier Yahya Sari said, in a press conference held Monday, that “the coalition of aggression launched 350 raids, mostly focused in Sa’ada and Hodeidah governorates during the past ten days, resulting in killing and wounding of a number of civilians in addition to the destruction of a number of houses, especially in Hodeidah province.” He explained that “the bombings focused on the eastern and south of Hodeidah city, Ad-Durayhimi, Kilo 16 and also targeted vital areas in Hodeidah, causing significant damage to factories and stores.
He also said that ” the aggression continues to target citizens with dozens of cluster bombs and internationally banned bombs, in Saada and Hajja, leaving 1124 martyrs and 1665 wounded.” Most of the victims are children and most of the cluster bombs are US made. Brigadier Sari explained that most of the offensive by Saudi forces attempts at the border targeted Baqam district off Aseer and Razih off Jizan. The Saudi forces also suffered heavy casualties in the heroic confrontation on the border fronts.
He explained that the attempts of coalition to achieve some breakthroughs failed and that the combat position on all fronts in favor of our forces, stressing that the Yemeni army forces control the strategic heights in Jizan and sites of military importance in Asir and Najran.
Saudi-led coalition on Tuesday escalated ground and air attacks on Yemen ahead of the UN-sponsored peace talks in Sweden, army spokesman Yahya Sarie said here in a press conference.
The coalition has launched over 50 airstrikes and scores of ground attacks on the Yemeni territories over the past 24 hours, he told reporters.
“The coalition’s attacks came simultaneously with the departure of our national delegation to Swede, which contradict with the United nations peace efforts,” Sarie said.
In March 2015, the US -backed –Saudi-led coalition started a war against Yemen with the declared aim of crushing the Houthi Ansarullah movement, who had taken over from the staunch Riyadh ally and fugitive former president Abd Rabbuh Mansur Hadi, while also seeking to secure the Saudi border with its southern neighbor. Three years and over 60,000 dead and injured Yemeni people and prevented the patients from travelling abroad for treatment and blocked the entry of medicine into the war-torn country, the war has yielded little to that effect.
Despite the coalition claims that it is bombing the positions of the Ansarullah fighters, Saudi bombers are flattening residential areas and civilian infrastructures.
More than 2,200 others have died of cholera, and the crisis has triggered what the United Nations has described as the world’s worst humanitarian disaster.
However, Saudi Arabia relies heavily on the US in its brutal war on Yemen. Washington has deployed a commando force on the Arab kingdom’s border with Yemen to help destroy arms belonging to Yemen’s popular Houthi Ansarullah movement. Washington has also provided logistical support and aerial refueling.