Saudi media on Sunday admitted that five of its soldiers were killed in a confrontations with the Yemeni army forces in the border provinces’ fronts, while the US insists on backing the Saudi-led coalition campaign that left over 57,000 dead so far.
Last month, the media admitted 77 Saudi soldiers were killed and wounded in last in the cross-border fronts.
According to Reuters, “said a State Department official said on Sunday: Washington is strongly opposed to stop supporting the Saudi-led coalition in Yemen.Timothy Linderking, Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for Gulf Affairs, made the remarks at a conference in Abu Dhabi.The US Secretary of State, Mike Pompeo, has confirmed on Saturday (December 1st), that the United States did not abandon the support of Saudi Arabia in the aggression against Yemen.
In March 2015, the US -backed –Saudi-led coalition started a war against Yemen with the declared aim of crushing the Houthi Ansarullah movement, who had taken over from the staunch Riyadh ally and fugitive former president Abd Rabbuh Mansur Hadi, while also seeking to secure the Saudi border with its southern neighbor. Three years and over 60,000 dead and injured Yemeni people and prevented the patients from travelling abroad for treatment and blocked the entry of medicine into the war-torn country, the war has yielded little to that effect.
Despite the coalition claims that it is bombing the positions of the Ansarullah fighters, Saudi bombers are flattening residential areas and civilian infrastructures.
More than 2,200 others have died of cholera, and the crisis has triggered what the United Nations has described as the world’s worst humanitarian disaster.
However, Saudi Arabia relies heavily on the US in its brutal war on Yemen. Washington has deployed a commando force on the Arab kingdom’s border with Yemen to help destroy arms belonging to Yemen’s popular Houthi Ansarullah movement. Washington has also provided logistical support and aerial refueling.