YemenEXtra
YemenExtra

Amid Saudi war crimes, Yemenis will not remain silent

15

YemenExtra

Y.A

After more than a dozen civilians, most of them schoolchildren, were killed in a round of airstrikes by Saudi-led coalition, backed by the US, on residential areas in Yemen which provoked widely spread outrage, Yemeni army forces decided to voice anger in the battlefronts.

Over a dozen the coalition-sponsored paid fighters were killed ,on April 9,when Yemeni army forces launched separate offensives against their positions in the kingdom’s border region of Asir.

An unnamed Yemeni military source told YemenExta that Yemeni army forces fired a domestically-manufactured Zelzal-1 (Earthquake-1) ballistic missile at a gathering of the coalition’s paid fighters outside al-Rabu’ah town of the region on Tuesday evening, leaving several of them dead and injured.

Earlier in the day, Yemeni army forces had staged an ambush against  the paid fighters in the al-Alab border crossing of the same Saudi region, killing 15 of them in the process.

Separately, a number of the paid fighters were killed and injured when Yemeni army forces carried out an offensive in Yemen’s northern province of al-Jawf.

On April 7, Youssef al-Hazzari, a spokesman for the Yemeni Ministry of Public Health and Population, said at least 13 people lost their lives and 92 others sustained injuries after the coalition warplanes launched aerial assaults against an area in the Sa’wan district of Sana’a on Sunday evening. He said most of the victims were schoolchildren.

US Senator Bernie Sanders has condemned the heinous massacre committed by the coalition in the northeastern district in capital Sanaa, which killed 13 people, mostly female students.

“Another horrific attack in the Saudi-led war in Yemen. More children dead,” Sanders tweeted

The Ansarullah Media center has, for its part, published photos showing the destruction aftermath in the plastic factory,  wrought by the coalition air strike at dawn on Wednesday in the eastern part of Al-Thawra Sports city in the capital Sanaa.

The attacks coincided with the preparations of the people of the capital Sana’a for the funeral of the martyrs of the massacre committed by the coalition, last Tuesday, in Sa’wan neighborhood. The aerial assaults killed at least 13 people, mostly schoolchildren, and injured 92 others.

Saudi military reinforcements on Wednesday arrived at the Seiyun town of Yemen southern province of Hadramout.The reinforcements included 200 Saudi Royal Guard soldiers with dozens of military vehicles.The move came to quell demonstrations that broke out in town against Saudi military presence.

Minister of Planning and International Cooperation Abdulaziz al-Kumim on Wednesday said that more than 53 percent of Yemen’s population is facing acute and severe food insecurity, which requires urgent intervention to meet food needs.

The spokesman of the Yemeni army forces, Brigadier Yahya Sare’e, said on Tuesday that the coalition and its paid fighters continue their intensive violations in Hodeidah, committing 1221 violations during the last week. In a statement to Saba News agency, he said that “the US-Saudi mercenaries targeted by 416 artillery shells, 16 missiles, 415 bombs and 262 movement operations, farms and Yemeni Army’ sites in several districts.” He explained that the fighter jets and reconnaissance continued to fly intensely over Hodiedah city and other districts.

Pope Francis says arms sales by the United States and Europe are to blame for the deaths of people, including children, in such places as Yemen, Syria, and Afghanistan.

“The rich Europe and America sell weapons… used to kill children and kill people,” said the pontiff, in unprecedented remarks made while addressing students and teachers at Milan’s San Carlo Institute on Saturday, the Associated Press reported.

He said violence-scarred countries like Yemen, Syria, and Afghanistan would not be witnessing wars if it was not for the arms.

While data collected by arms trade watchdog Security Assistance Monitor (SAM) shows the US has struck at least $68.2 billion worth of deals with the two countries since they started their war in Yemen.

In March 2015, the US -backed –Saudi-led coalition started  a war against Yemen with the declared aim of crushing the Houthi Ansarullah movement, who had taken over from the staunch Riyadh ally and fugitive former president Abd Rabbuh Mansur Hadi, while also seeking to secure the Saudi border with its southern neighbor. Three years and over 600,000 dead and injured Yemeni people and  prevented the patients from travelling abroad for treatment and blocked the entry of medicine into the war-torn country, the war has yielded little to that effect.

Despite the coalition claims that it is bombing the positions of the Ansarullah fighters, Saudi bombers are flattening residential areas and civilian infrastructures.

However, Saudi Arabia relies heavily on the US in its brutal war on Yemen. Washington has deployed a commando force on the Arab kingdom’s border with Yemen to help destroy arms belonging to Yemen’s popular Houthi Ansarullah movement. Washington has also provided logistical support and aerial refueling.

#YemenCantWait #YemenGenocide #Yemen #Yemencantwait #YemenGenocide #Yemen_children #StoparmingEmirates #StoparmingSaudi #Stopthewaronyemen#LivingInYemenOnTheEdge#SoldarityWithThePeopleOfYemen