Taiz residents condemn UAE-backed paid fighters crimes in province
Dozens of the internal despised people in Taiz province on Thursday staged a protest rally to condemn the crimes and violations committed by Abu al-Abbas’ paid fighters backed by United Arab Emirates (UAE) , main part of the Saudi-led coalition, backed by the US, in Taiz province.
At the rally, the protesters held the paid fighters the full responsibility for attacks and violation against displaced people in al-Bairain comp in al-Kadah area.
Dozens the displaced people were arrested by Abu al-Abbas group to refuse in participation in protest rallies against security campaign that carried out by Islamic Islah party in last month.
Displaced people suffer from difficult humanitarian conditions due to the continued coalition’s war and the siege.
The displaced said that they do not receive any assistance from international organizations and are living a great tragedy, facing the scourge of the coalition and its continuous siege for the fifth year.
They struggle to survive in primitive ways in simple camps lacking all the ingredients of a decent life, while others are confined to cramped rooms and accommodation, with cost of renting a heavy burden on them.
Some are preventing their young children from learning, instead they beg and work. Others are at risk in search of a living.
“We appeal to the officials and we appeal to the organizations to fear God in these displaced people,” one displaced person told Al-Alam television. “The displaced have nothing to eat.”
The Associated Press reported that the paid fighters of the coalition in Taiz are stealing foreign aid from the hungry people in the region, pointing out that this aid goes to the benefit of the fighters. The agency reported in an investigation published today that thousands of families in Taiz do not get food aid allocated to them because of the detention mostly by armed units engaged in the US-led military coalition led by Saudi Arabia in the fighting in Yemen.
The Associated Press revealed that 705 baskets of food were stolen from social welfare warehouses, 110 bags of grain looted by mercenaries from trucks that were making their way through the high rocky hills overlooking the city, in addition to 5,000 bags of rice distributed without any restriction.
An official source in the Yemen Foreign Ministry, last year, condemned the attack on a vehicle belonging to the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) delegation which killed one of the Mission’s staff members, expressing the deepest condolences to the ICRC, the family of the deceased and his colleagues, and pointing out that this incident, which occurred in the area controlled by the paid fighters of the coalition, deliberate and aimed to limit the work of humanitarian organizations.
In March 2015, the US -backed –Saudi-led coalition started a war against Yemen with the declared aim of crushing the Houthi Ansarullah movement, who had taken over from the staunch Riyadh ally and fugitive former president Abd Rabbuh Mansur Hadi, while also seeking to secure the Saudi border with its southern neighbor. Three years and over 600,000 dead and injured Yemeni people and prevented the patients from travelling abroad for treatment and blocked the entry of medicine into the war-torn country, the war has yielded little to that effect.
Despite the coalition claims that it is bombing the positions of the Ansarullah fighters, Saudi bombers are flattening residential areas and civilian infrastructures.
However, Saudi Arabia relies heavily on the US in its brutal war on Yemen. Washington has deployed a commando force on the Arab kingdom’s border with Yemen to help destroy arms belonging to Yemen’s popular Houthi Ansarullah movement. Washington has also provided logistical support and aerial refueling.