What you need to know about the coalition’s abuse of its paid fighters in Yemen
This Saudi mistreatment with the Yemeni paid fighters and brigades fighting in ranks of the Saudi-led coalition, backed by the US,against their country was not the first; Saudi Arabia has deported or disposed of its followers in many ways, including shelling of their groups on several fronts, especially after fleeing the battles due to strong strikes on their positions by the Yemeni army forces.
Dozens of extremist elements trained in Marib province on Tuesday arrived at camps established by United Arab Emirates forces in Aden city, according to southern sources.
The sources said the elements backed by Islah Islamic party (Muslim Brotherhood) accused of financing the terrorist organizations to represent a threat to Aden city. There are many training camps in Marib has created to train dozens of recruits to send them to the southern provinces.
A southern newspaper quoted residents from Lahj province, southern Yemen, as saying that paid fighters ,loyal to the coalition, in Marib province had jailed their sons after being recruited for fighting with the coalition against the Yemeni army forces.
Al-Ayyam newspaper reported that the fate of young recruits has remained unknown for months after they tried to return to their areas and refused to participate in fighting on the fronts.The recruits’ relatives in Toban and al-Hutta districts of Lahj carried out a protesting vigil, during which they called on the exiled Hadi’s government and Islah Party militias to release the recruits.
The coalition forces , notably, demobilized 1,200 recruits of the so-called “102nd brigade” in Hadramout province, and kept a few of them in detention without revealing their fate so far.
A military source told YemenExtra that Kanaan al-Ahsab, operations chief of the 102nd brigade, was injured a few days ago during an offensive operation by the Yemeni army forces on separate positions in Majaza front of Asir region, and that he is now in Dhahran hospital.
The same source confirmed the expulsion of commander of the so-called “Tawheed brigade” Mohammed Harban in Rushaha area of Hadramout, and that he was replaced by another mercenary named Abdulrahman al-Lum.
Hundreds of the southern recruits , for their part, rejected joining to fight with the coalition in Hodeidah and Najran provinces and fled to theirs areas, a security official said.The move came After a dispute between the young men in Abyan province and mediators belonging to Salafi.
The coalition has been sending hundreds of the southerners to defend border areas and others fronts in Marib and Hodeidah provinces since 2017.
In March 2015, the US -backed –Saudi-led coalition started a war against Yemen with the declared aim of crushing the Houthi Ansarullah movement, who had taken over from the staunch Riyadh ally and fugitive former president Abd Rabbuh Mansur Hadi, while also seeking to secure the Saudi border with its southern neighbor. Three years and over 600,000 dead and injured Yemeni people and prevented the patients from travelling abroad for treatment and blocked the entry of medicine into the war-torn country, the war has yielded little to that effect.
Despite the coalition claims that it is bombing the positions of the Ansarullah fighters, Saudi bombers are flattening residential areas and civilian infrastructures.
However, Saudi Arabia relies heavily on the US in its brutal war on Yemen. Washington has deployed a commando force on the Arab kingdom’s border with Yemen to help destroy arms belonging to Yemen’s popular Houthi Ansarullah movement. Washington has also provided logistical support and aerial refueling.