A large number of the US-Saudi -led coalition ,yesterday evening, were killed and wounded and two vehicles were destroyed in various operations by the Yemeni army of # the West Coast Front.
A military source said a number of the coalition;s members and paid fighters and two mechanisms were destroyed in Fazal coastal area , southern Al-Hodeidah province.
The source confirmed the death and injury of a number of them as the Yemeni army foiled their advance ,northern Hays of #the West Coast Front.
The source reported destroying two military vehicles belonging to the coalition with two guided missiles and burning of another military mechanism on the same front.
Hodeidah is a strategic port city which should be supporting more than 20 million Yemenis. It should be the source of at least 70 percent of all imports to Yemen,” Suze van Meegen, a protection and advocacy adviser with the Norwegian Refugee Council, told AFP. The US-Saudi-led coalition has been eager to retake from Yemeni joint forces control, according to Yemeni officials.. But the former UN special envoy to Yemen, Ismail Ould Cheik, warned against attacking the port city over potential catastrophic consequences to Yemen last year. Martin Griffiths, the new special envoy to Yemen, echoed the same concern over attacking Hudaydah at the UN Security Council this week.
The Guardian British newspaper revealed the green light given by the US to the Arab alliance in the war on Yemen.The newspaper said in a report about the attack on Hodeidah “it appears that pressure on the UAE to agree a ceasefire is not having much effect, and the US government is unwilling to go as far as damaging ties with Saudi Arabia’s Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman over an issue that is so important to Riyadh.”
The UK’s Department for International Development has told aid groups to make contingency plans for an imminent attack on the strategic port of Hodeidah, a move that could endanger humanitarian supplies for the entire famine-struck country.
The Guardian said the Emiratis have informed the aid agency that they will now give a 3-day grace period for the UN and their partners to leave the city.
Martin Griffiths, the UN special envoy for Yemen, has been holding talks with all sides to try to broker a peace settlement, but he fears a major new military assault could make his plans appear redundant.
“The occurrence of a battle in Hodeidah, in the west of Yemen could lead to the destruction of the port, which in turn will send millions to starvation,” said the British newspaper, The Independent.
“We are increasingly concerned by the fighting in Hodeidah,” UN spokesman Stephane Dujarric said at a press conference held on Wednesday.
Dujarric also warned of the repercussions’consequences on the humanitarian situation
The UN issued a public statement on Friday saying that in its worst-case scenario planning as many as 250,000 civilians would be killed as a result of an attack on Hodeidah. The Red Sea port supplies more than 80% of the aid for Yemen, including commercial and humanitarian aid.