UK ended up killing Yemenis, they respond!
Nine British special forces experts and 3 Pakistani agents were killed in the Southern regions of Saudi Arabia, a Yemeni military source announced late on Saturday.
.A Yemeni military source on Sunday said that “nine British soldiers were killed in Najran, during an offensive operation carried out by the Yemeni army, confirming that the “nine British soldiers were launching attacks with the Saudi army’s mercenary groups on the border front of Najran axis.”
British Defense Ministry documents summarize the goal of the British Special Forces Airborne (SAS) to “carry out military operations to achieve British security and interests, and to thwart the threatened project of Britain.”
Last week, Britain’s Daily Express reported that two British Special Forces soldiers of the elite SAS regiment deployed on a top-secret joint US-UK mission in Yemen were injured in a roadside bomb blast.
Areport, which was issued by the House of Lords International Relations Committee , calls on Prime Minister Theresa May to stop arms sales to Riyadh “as a matter of urgency,” describing the situation in the war-stricken country as “unconscionable.”
The UK has licensed over £4.7 billion worth of arms exports, including missiles and fighter jets, to Riyadh since the deadly conflict began in 2015. May has so far faced down calls for a ban on the weapons sales despite the growing humanitarian disaster.
Britain has also been providing combat intelligence and target data to Saudi Arabia over the course of the war, which has killed thousands of Yemeni civilians and put millions more on the verge of famine.
Faced with a pending exit from the European Union that will shutter most EU markets on Britain, the UK views Saudi Arabia and other repressive Arab regimes as lucrative post-Brexit markets for British weapons and goods, even though many of them have been blacklisted by the Foreign Office for human rights violations.
In 2015, Saudi Arabia, using weapons provided by the UK and a host of other countries, launched a ruthless air campaign against its impoverished southern neighbor, Yemen.
According to Amnesty International, the UK issued a total of 152 licenses for exports of military equipment to Saudi Arabia, topping £2.94 billion for a long list of weapons, including bombs, torpedoes, rockets and missiles.
The UK’s total earnings from the war, according to reports from last September, soared to a hefty £6 billion.
The numbers only include the officially announced deals and there is a growing fear that London and Riyadh have been making more deals in secret in order to avoid public pressure.
The senior Yemeni military official went on to say that the Saudi Arabia and its allies continue to target citizens with cluster bombs and internationally-banned arms in the northern province of Sa’ada and Hajjah, leaving 1,124 people dead and 1,665 others wounded, pointing out that most of the victims are children, and that most of the cluster bombs are made in American.
Late in 2017,The Campaign Against the Arms Trade (CAAT) said that in the two years leading up to the war on Yemen, the UK government had approved £33 million worth of licenses covering the sale of bombs, missiles and countermeasures to the Riyadh regime, The Independent reported on Tuesday.In the two years since the beginning of the Saudi-led bombing campaign in March 2015, the figure rose to £1.9 billion, up by 457 per cent, the CAAT added.It also found that the UK government licenses covering aircraft, including Eurofighter jets, have soared by 70 percent to £2.6 billion in the same period.
In addition, at least 40 paid fighters were killed and tens of others injured in a strike by a domestically-manufactured ballistic missile fired by Yemeni army forces on their base in the northwestern Yemeni province of Sa’ada near the border with the southern Saudi region of Najran.
The spokesman of the Armed Forces, Brigadier Yahya Sari, said that the Yemeni army forces carried out yesterday a military operation targeting the sites and gatherings of the paid fighters of the coalition in Al-Baidh province. Brigadier Sari said in a statement that dozens of the paid fighters were killed during the operation, including leaders, the injury of dozens and the destruction of dozens of different military machinery.
Israels Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu openly said in august: If Iran tries to block the Bab al-Mandab strait, it will find itself facing an international coalition determined to prevent it. This coalition will include all Israels army branches as well. That coalition had already been set up in 2015 by Saudi Arabia in partnership with Persian Gulf countries like the United Arab Emirates. Israel is also an unofficial partner. Israeli cyber companies, gun traders, terror-warfare instructors and even paid hitmen operated by an Israeli-owned company are partners to the war in Yemen. Now Yemen is being described by some observers as a mercenary heaven thanks to hefty sums of money paid to them by Saudi Arabia and its wealthy Arab allies.
In March 2015, the US -backed –Saudi-led coalition started a war against Yemen with the declared aim of crushing the Houthi Ansarullah movement, who had taken over from the staunch Riyadh ally and fugitive former president Abd Rabbuh Mansur Hadi, while also seeking to secure the Saudi border with its southern neighbor. Three years and over 600,000 dead and injured Yemeni people and prevented the patients from travelling abroad for treatment and blocked the entry of medicine into the war-torn country, the war has yielded little to that effect.
Despite the coalition claims that it is bombing the positions of the Ansarullah fighters, Saudi bombers are flattening residential areas and civilian infrastructures.
However, Saudi Arabia relies heavily on the US in its brutal war on Yemen. Washington has deployed a commando force on the Arab kingdom’s border with Yemen to help destroy arms belonging to Yemen’s popular Houthi Ansarullah movement. Washington has also provided logistical support and aerial refueling.