Saudi-led coalition once again hit by Yemeni attacks over its banned weaponry!
Yemen army forces respond heavily to the Saudi-led coalition, backed by the US, in retaliation for the war, with internationally banned weaponry being waged against the country by Saudi Arabia and its regional allies, including the U.K.
The Rocketry Force of the Yemeni army forces ,launched, Wednesday midnight, two ballistic missiles, Badr P_1, on two targets in Jizan Front.
A source in the Rocketry Force told YemenExtra that the first missile targeted a training camp of the paid fighters in Al-Nar mountain across from Jizan.The source confirmed that Badr P_1 hit its target accurately, killing and injuring dozens of the paid fighters. Ambulances were seen hurrying to the training camp.
The second missile targeted a gathering of the paid fighters, the fifth battalion of the forces of the coalition, at Al-Khubba in Jizan Front, according to the source in the Rocketry Force.
The source confirmed that the second missile hit its target accurately as well, resulting in the death and injury of more than 70 paid fighters, including 3 officers and leaders at Al-Khubba in Jizan.
Brigadier General Yahya Saree, the spokesman for Yemeni army forces, said on Sunday that at least 11 Saudi soldiers and 26 Sudanese troops had been killed in Saudi Arabia’s provinces of Jizan and Najran over the past hours, Yemen’s Arabic-language al-Masirah reported.
Brigadier Yahya Sare’e, denied, on Tuesday, the authenticity of the coalition published reports, in which they accused the Yemeni army forces of targeting the headquarters of the representatives of the coalition and its paid fighters in the Joint Commission for Ceasefire in Hodeidah. Sare’e told Saba news agency “the allegation of aggression, its mercenaries and their media that our forces targeted the headquarters of the representatives of the aggression in the Joint Commission is incorrect and comes within the framework of coverage of their continuous violations and their great reinforcements and impede the implementation of the agreement. ”
Minister of Public Health and Population Dr. Taha al-Mutawakkil , on the other hand, said on Tuesday that more than 100,000 Yemeni children die in one year because of the coalition and the siege imposed on the Yemeni people, confirming that 50% of the health sector was destroyed and that 97% of the equipment of Yemeni hospitals exceeded the lifespan due to aggression and siege.
“We’re lacking radiotherapy device to treat 40 thousand patients with cancer,” Dr. Mutawakkil said. Pointing out that the aggression prevents the entry of certain health equipment, causing the loss of Yemenis lives.
Yemen’s army says the country’s air defense has managed to shoot down 19 Saudi Apache helicopters since the outbreak of the war in 2015.
The Yemeni military, he stressed, has managed to destroy over 7,000 armored vehicles, trucks, tanks and bulldozers belonging to the coalition.
The spokesman of the Yemeni Armed Forces, Brigadier Yahya Sare’e, said on Monday that the coalition and its paid fighters continued their intensive violations in Hodeidah, committing 1019 violations during the past 4 days. In a statement to Saba news agency, he said that the paid fighters targeted with 432 artillery shells, 29 missiles, 344 bombs and 128 movement operations, farms and Yemeni Army’ sites in several districts. He explained that the fighter jets and reconnaissance continued to fly intensely over Hodiedah city and districts.
The coalition warplanes fired at least 5914 cluster and phosphorus bombs at several Yemeni provinces, he added.
Since mid-December 2018, persisting violence and war have killed one person every eight hours, according to the report, which was published on Tuesday, says a report co-sponsored by aid group Oxfam.
Armed Forces Minister Mark Lancaster told the parliament on Monday that Britain’s Royal Air Force (RAF) was providing “engineering support” and “generic training” to Saudi Arabian military in its war on its southern neighbor.
“We have aerial photographs and coordinates of dozens of headquarters, facilities, and military bases of the enemy,” Sare’e said. “The legitimate targets of our forces extend to the capital of Saudi Arabia and to the emirate of Abu Dhabi.”
In March 2015, the US -backed –Saudi-led coalition started a war against Yemen with the declared aim of crushing the Houthi Ansarullah movement, who had taken over from the staunch Riyadh ally and fugitive former president Abd Rabbuh Mansur Hadi, while also seeking to secure the Saudi border with its southern neighbor. Three years and over 600,000 dead and injured Yemeni people and prevented the patients from travelling abroad for treatment and blocked the entry of medicine into the war-torn country, the war has yielded little to that effect.
Despite the coalition claims that it is bombing the positions of the Ansarullah fighters, Saudi bombers are flattening residential areas and civilian infrastructures.
However, Saudi Arabia relies heavily on the US in its brutal war on Yemen. Washington has deployed a commando force on the Arab kingdom’s border with Yemen to help destroy arms belonging to Yemen’s popular Houthi Ansarullah movement. Washington has also provided logistical support and aerial refueling.