YemenEXtra
YemenExtra

Dozens of southerners ,participating in the battle of the West Coast, back home

33

YemenExtra

Y.A

After the escalation of calls for the southern forces participating in the battle of #the West Coast to stop fighting in the battles of the north, dozens of elements withdrew from the forces of the «Brigade of the Giants», loyal to the UAE, from the fronts of #the West Coast, to the provinces of Lahj and Aden

Military sources said that “dozens of members of the brigade of the Giants, who were at the front of the ranks of forces loyal to the UAE in the recent battles on the coast front, returned Saturday evening to Aden and Lahj,” adding that “returning fighters belonging to Major General Hamdi Shukri and Major General Sobihi.”


The sources pointed out that «the return of the fighters came in accordance with directives issued by the Supreme Military Command in Aden, to stop fighting for a month, without giving reasons.


A military source in Sana’a considered that «the announcement of the UAE to stop the military battles in the coastal front is a new trick to be able to enter Hodeidah after failing , despite all of its land and air forces ,to achieve victory
».

Aden city, which was occupied by UK but now under the control of UAE, and the rest of the southern cities witnessed an insecurity situation that increased the assassinations of imams of mosques and security and military leaderships

The province of Aden witnesses a security fiasco that escalated with killings, looting issues , in addition to others that never happened before.

The UAE took control of Aden under the pretext of confronting the so –called “Houthis” Yemeni army and supported the establishment and formation of armed militias there.

A few months ago, Emirati-backed forces were fighting and killing Saudi-backed forces in Aden. The south is moving towards outright autonomy . The entrenchment of a war economy is another significant obstacle to peace.

Hodeidah is a strategic port city which should be supporting more than 20 million Yemenis. It should be the source of at least 70 percent of all imports to Yemen,” Suze van Meegen, a protection and advocacy adviser with the Norwegian Refugee Council, told AFP. The US-Saudi-led coalition has been eager to retake from Yemeni joint forces control, according to Yemeni officials.. But the former UN special envoy to Yemen, Ismail Ould Cheik, warned against attacking the port city over potential catastrophic consequences to Yemen last year. Martin Griffiths, the new special envoy to Yemen, echoed the same concern over attacking Hudaydah at the UN Security Council .

Abdulmalik al-Houthi, the leader of the Houthi(Ansarallah)  movement, which is the main force that faces the coallition, said on a TV speech ,” The decision of invading the Yemeni ,western coast, has been taken and adopted by the United States of America,noting that the Saudis are trying to abolish Yemen’s freedom,” stressing that it was the people of Yemen’s right to defend their country.

“We are increasingly concerned by the fighting in Hodeidah,” UN spokesman Stephane Dujarric said at a press conference held on Wednesday.

Dujarric also warned of the repercussions’consequences on the humanitarian situation

“The occurrence of a battle in Hodeidah, in the west of Yemen could lead to the destruction of the port, which in turn will send millions to starvation,” said the British newspaper, The Independent.

Even if the UK warned against attacking the vital port of Hodeidah, we bear responsibility for the horrors of this war, according to a report issued by the Guardian on June 17.