Southwestern Yemen is the scene of international, local terrorism
Taiz, southwestern Yemen ,has been witnessing violent confrontations between Salafist paid fighters led by Abu Abbas and Islah party paid fighters led by the city’s security, following which hundreds of families have been displaced from the city to Sanaa run by the Supreme Political Council, seeking a safe place to stay.
A number of Islah paid fighters on Tuesday took control of al-Thawra hospital in Taiz province local sources reported.
According to local sources, three paid fighters of Islah party on a military pickup belonging to the Taiz axis, raided and took control of Al-Thawra hospital and its main gate, closing all the hospital departments except the emergency sector supported by Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF).
Informed security sources reported that a checkpoint belonging to Islah party’s paid fighters in Thabab area arrested a terrorist of an Arab origin .
According to the sources, the terrorist is an Algerian, named Mohammed Abu al-Qasim, who was arrested while trying to enter the city of Taiz from Aden. The Algerian terrorist was trying to enter the city of Taiz in order to support the Abu al-Abbas’s group in the fierce battles that have taken place between them and the Islah party gunmen .
The sources confirmed that the Algerian terrorist is a sniper training expert from a terrorist organisation located inside the city of Aden, operating with the green light from the UAE forces.
Last month,Local residents said that the attack launched the Islah paid fighters on the city on the pretext of searching for wanted people from the radical Salafist group Abu Abbas resulted in the death and injury of more than 100 citizens, mostly children and women.
In an effort to rescue its paid fighters , the UAE forces threatened to use warplanes in order to bomb the Islah party paid fighters inside the very city of Taiz if the party’s campaign against the Abu al-Abbas terrorist organisation does not stop.
This is the first time that the UAE has officially threatened to bomb Islah Party’s paid fighters since the two sides entered into bloody confrontations nearly two years ago.
Notably, a report reveals the UAE hired a US security contractor to start an Israeli-style targeted killing program in Yemen in 2015 against figures undesired by Abu Dhabi.The UAE named the group’s first target as Anssaf Ali Mayo, a local leader of al-Islah, a political party branded by the emirates as a “terrorist group.”
“It was the first attack,” an al-Islah spokesperson told BuzzFeed, recalling the date it got underway as December 29, 2015.
“As 2016 progressed, those watching the deteriorating situation in Yemen began to notice that members of al-Islah, and other clerics in Aden, were dropping dead at an alarming pace,” the outlet reported.“There have been 25 to 30 assassinations,” said Gregory Johnsen, a former United Nations Yemen war investigator.
In March 2015, the US -backed –Saudi-led coalition started a war against Yemen with the declared aim of crushing the Houthi Ansarullah movement, who had taken over from the staunch Riyadh ally and fugitive former president Abd Rabbuh Mansur Hadi, while also seeking to secure the Saudi border with its southern neighbor. Three years and over 600,000 dead and injured Yemeni people and prevented the patients from travelling abroad for treatment and blocked the entry of medicine into the war-torn country, the war has yielded little to that effect.
Despite the coalition claims that it is bombing the positions of the Ansarullah fighters, Saudi bombers are flattening residential areas and civilian infrastructures.
However, Saudi Arabia relies heavily on the US in its brutal war on Yemen. Washington has deployed a commando force on the Arab kingdom’s border with Yemen to help destroy arms belonging to Yemen’s popular Houthi Ansarullah movement. Washington has also provided logistical support and aerial refueling.