Press conference of French President Macaron to confirm taking part in Killing Yemenis
By Yousra Abdulmalik
A Press conference ,Tuesday, gathered the French President Emmanuel Makron and the Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman was held at the Elysee Palace in Paris.Macaron told a press conference that his country intends to continue supporting Saudi Arabia in the face of what he called Houthi missiles.
French government spokesman Benjamin Grifo said that French arms deals with Saudi Arabia were in what he called “the interests of French industry” after a wave of criticism by NGOs of the deal over the possibility of using them in the war in Yemen.
They signed bilateral contracts worth $ 18 billion, said France 24.
Three out of four French people believe it is “unacceptable” to sell weapons to Saudi Arabia, according to a poll last month by independent research group YouGov.
On Tuesday, rights activists filed a complaint against Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman during a visit to France ,accusing him of complicity in torture and inhumane treatment in Yemen, saying they were monitoring and documenting human rights violations in Yemen.
According to Reuters, the lawsuit alleges that Ibn Salman was responsible for the attacks on civilians in Yemen, while the lawsuit was filed on behalf of Taha Hussein Mohammed, director of the Legal Center for Rights and Development.
Last week, 10 international rights groups implored Macron to pressure Prince Mohammed over the Saudi-led bombing campaign in Yemen, claiming it is exacerbating a humanitarian crisis for thousands of civilians.
Macron faces seething criticism over French weapon exports to Saudi Arabia, including Caesar artillery guns, sniper rifles and armoured vehicles, in spite of the kingdom’s role in the Yemen crisis, according to middleeasteye.