YemenEXtra
YemenExtra

Yemeni forces target Saudi Arabia’s Najran Duty Forces camp with ballistic missile

125

YemenExtra

Y.A

Yemeni army forces have launched a short-range Badr-1 ballistic missile at Saudi Duty Forces Camp in Saudi Arabia’s border region of Najran in response to the US -backed Saudi-led coalition regime’s devastating military campaign against their country.

A Yemeni military source, speaking on condition of anonymity, told YemenExtra that the missile hit the designated targets with great precision, though no reports of casualties were quickly available.

On Aug. 10th, they launched a barrage of domestically-designed and –manufactured ballistic missiles at military bases and key facilities in Saudi Arabia’s southwestern border region of Jizan, hitting the designated targets with great precision.

There were no immediate reports about possible casualties and the extent of damage caused.

Earlier in the same day, they fired a short-range Badr-1 ballistic missile at al-Jarbah base in Dhahran district of Asir region, though no reports of casualties were quickly available.

The developments came only two days after Yemeni soldiers and Popular Committees fighters launched a Badr-1 missile at Jizan Economic City, located 967 kilometers southwest of the Saudi capital Riyadh.

 Scores of the coalition paid fighters ,loyal to resigned president Abd Rabbuh Mansur Hadi, were also killed and injured when Yemeni army forces fired a salvo of Katyusha missiles and artillery rounds at the Alab border crossing in Saudi Arabia’s border region of Asir.

In a seperate context, thirteen civilians were killed and 24 others were injured as a result of the coalition constant bombardment of Durahmi district in Hodeidah, according to the Ministry of Health spokesman.

The spokesman, Yousef al-Hadhari, said that the aerial and Navel battle ships of the coalition targeted homes, mosques, buildings and health centers, hysterically, in Durahmi district.

He pointed out that the coalition prevents the International Red Cross vehicles from entering Durahmi. For its part, the ICRC expressed its concern about the events of Durahmi after the aggression crime that killed 13 and injured others.

Furthermore , at least six civilians have lost their lives as the coalition military vessels deployed in  the Red Sea launched a salvo  of missiles at a residential area in Yemen’s northwestern province of Hajjah ,whereas the warships fired the projectiles at al-Sadah village in the Hayran district of the province on Wednesday afternoon,according to a military source.

The sources added that there were women and children amid the fallen victims.

Notably, dozens of civilians lost their lives and dozens more sustained injuries as the coalition warplanes targeted a bus carrying children in Yemen’s northwestern province of Sa’ada on Aug. 9th.

The bus came under attack at a market in the Sa’ada town of Zahyn on Thursday, Yemen’s al-Masirah television network reported.

The Yemeni Health Ministry said 50 civilians, mostly children, were killed and about 77 others wounded in the attack.

The spokesman of the Salvation Government, Abdulsalam Jaber, ridiculed US’s attempts to deny its main role in leading the war against Yemen and its responsibility in committing war crimes against the Yemeni People since 2015.

He pointed out that the statements of the US Secretary of Defense at this time reveal the intentions of the United States to block the efforts of the UN envoy in Yemen, Martin Griffith, to resume political consultations.

In March 2015, the US -backed Saudi-led coalition started a war against Yemen with the declared aim of crushing the Houthi Ansarullah movement, who had taken over from the staunch Riyadh ally and fugitive former president Abd Rabbuh Mansur Hadi, while also seeking to secure the Saudi border with its southern neighbor. Three years and over 600,000 dead and injured Yemeni people and  prevented the patients from travelling abroad for treatment and blocked the entry of medicine into the war-torn country, the war has yielded little to that effect.

Despite the coalition’s claims that it is bombing the positions of the Ansarullah fighters, Saudi bombers are flattening residential areas and civilian infrastructures.

A UN panel has compiled a detailed report of civilian casualties caused by the Saudi military and its allies during their war against Yemen, saying the Riyadh-led coalition has used precision-guided munitions in its raids on civilian targets.

Sayyad Abdulmalik AL-Houthi claimed on one of his speech that Saudi Arabia is just a tool used by USA and Israel to fight Yemen to conquer it and wrestle control over Red Sea and Bab-AL-Mandab which will enable them to rule the world.

According to several reports, the coalition air campaign against Yemen has driven the impoverished country towards humanitarian disaster, as Saudi Arabia’s deadly campaign prevented the patients from travelling abroad for treatment and blocked the entry of medicine into the war-torn country.