YemenEXtra
YemenExtra

Recent developments of the Yemenis lifeline

169

YemenExtra

Y.A

The Yemeni army forces launched, on Thursday, an offensive on the Saudi-led coalition, backed by the US, paid fighters’sites east of Hays on the West Coast, killing and injuring more than 15 of them, a military source told YemenExtra.

On Wednesday, they cleared paid fighters’ sites west of Attohayta in the West Coast, inflicting them heavy losses after violent clashes.

A number of the coalition troops and paid fighters were killed and several others were injured on Tuesday night by two separate operations of the Engineering and Artillery Units in Hays Front and in Al-Jabalia of the West Coast.

Three pro-Hadi field commanders told AFP on Wednesday that the coalition’s paid fighters had been “ordered” to halt the offensive until further notice. They said they would resume operations if they came under attack.

The announcement came a day after Mark Lowcock, the United Nations Under-Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs and Emergency Relief Coordinator urged a ceasefire around Hodeidah.

The US-Saudi-led coalition  launched an offensive on Hudaydah on 12 June in the largest battle of the war that the United Nations fears risks triggering a famine in Yemen where an estimated 8.4 million people are on the verge of starvation. Recently, It has been paused for peace talks, but no deal has been struck leaving Yemenis pessimistic over a viable political process.

Abdulmalik al-Houthi, the leader of the Houthi(Ansarallah)  movement, which is the main force that faces the coallition, said on a TV speech ,” The decision of invading the Yemeni ,western coast, has been taken and adopted by the United States of America,noting that the Saudis are trying to abolish Yemen’s freedom,” stressing that it was the people of Yemen’s right to defend their country.

The Bab el-Mandab Strait, which is the southern entrance to the Red Sea, is one of the world’s key shipping lanes for crude oil and allows crude exports into the European market.

The United Nations said more than 350,000 people have been displaced from the strategic Red Sea port town of Hudaydah in western Yemen since June.Deputy spokesman for the Secretary-General, Farhan Haq, said during a press conference on Monday that violent clashes have erupted in the city over the past few days, especially in the Ad Durayhimi district.He added that emergency humanitarian assistance has already been provided to more than 90 per cent of those displaced.

 

#YEMEN #USA #SaveYemenChildren #US #Saudi #UK #UN #KSA #UAE #ISRAEL #Syria #USAKillsYemeniPeople

اعلان الزكاة