WFP official: Agreement reached to return full food aid to Sana’a
The United Nations World Food Program (WFP) chief David Beasley said on Thursday they had reached an initial agreement with Sana’a authorities to return full food aid to areas where aid were suspended last month.
“If the agreement was signed, WFP is ready to return food to the Yemeni capital of Sana’a within days from the signing,” said Beasley.
“I have been thinking about the impact of the suspension of food aid,” he added, expressing his apology to people in Sana’a and throughout Yemen for their human suffering.
The authorities in Sana’a had confirmed that the Program presented expired food aid and not suitable for human consumption.
Despite the suspension of aid, Paisley noted that WFP last month increased the total number of Yemenis it helped, from 10.6 million to 11.3 million.