YemenEXtra
YemenExtra

Yemen still committed to peace initiative, has little patience

387

YemenExra

Y.A

The president of the Supreme Political Council, Mahdi Al-Mashat, said that the position of the Saudi regime has not yet been responsible or encouraging in regards to the peace initiative announced last week by Sana’a, stressing adherence to the peace initiative prove byond doubt seriousness and show respect for renewed calls for peace. The Saudi-led coalition have launched during the past four days about 150 raids; since the peace initiative by Sana’a was declared, killing 22 civilians, including women and children, and wounded 15 others, according to UN statistics.

Mashat made the remarks on the anniversary of Yemen’s September 26 Revolution Day, which set the stage for the creation of the modern Republic of Yemen by overthrowing the Saudi-backed rulers of northern Yemen in 1962.

He pointed out that the perpetration of the massacres by the enemy “portends a clear intransigence in front of the initiative we have presented. We advise our adversaries to move towards peace and to pick up these positive signs,” he said. “We are ready for peace as much as we are ready to go through the stages of great pain and we have very limited patience,” he added. He explained that what we are facing in Yemen is a clear violation of the Charter of the United Nations and all laws and charters.

Last Friday, Mashat said the Houthis would end all attacks on Saudi Arabia if the kingdom and its allies agree to end their attacks on Yemen.

The proposal came a week after Yemeni strikes on Saudi Arabia’s oil installations knocked out half of the kingdom’s production.

He started his speech with greeting the revolution and the republic and to the Yemeni people and to the Yemeni army forces on the occasion of the 57th anniversary of the September 26 Revolution.

Ansarullah politburo member Ali al-Qahoum told Lebanon-based Arabic-language al-Mayadeen television news network on Tuesday that Yemeni soldiers and their allies are fairly committed to the truce, but will not stand idly by while the Saudi-led alliance continues to perpetrate crimes against Yemenis.

He added that whilst the Saudi-led coalition of aggression is pressing ahead with its crimes in Yemen, the international community behaves as if Yemeni people’s blood is worth nothing.

Yemen’s Arabic-language Ansarullah news portal on Thursday published a report on game-changing military achievements of the Yemeni army in designing and manufacturing missiles and military drones.

According to the report, Yemen currently possesses 11 missile systems, some of which are completely indigenous and some others upgraded versions of Russian ones.

In March 2015, the US -backed –Saudi-led coalition started  a war against Yemen with the declared aim of crushing the Houthi Ansarullah movement, who had taken over from the staunch Riyadh ally and fugitive former president Abd Rabbuh Mansur Hadi, while also seeking to secure the Saudi border with its southern neighbor. Three years and over 600,000 dead and injured Yemeni people and  prevented the patients from travelling abroad for treatment and blocked the entry of medicine into the war-torn country, the war has yielded little to that effect.

Despite the coalition claims that it is bombing the positions of the Ansarullah fighters, Saudi bombers are flattening residential areas and civilian infrastructures.

More than 2,200 others have died of cholera, and the crisis has triggered what the United Nations has described as the world’s worst humanitarian disaster.

#YemenCantWait #YemenGenocide #Yemen #Yemencantwait #YemenGenocide #Yemen_children #StoparmingEmirates #StoparmingSaudi #Stopthewaronyemen#LivingInYemenOnTheEdge#SoldarityWithThePeopleOfYemen