Who carries out assassinations in southern Yemen?
Criminal gangs affiliated with Saudi and UAE militias carried out eight crimes of assassination of leading figures, social notables, human rights activists and soldiers in Aden province, southern Yemen, during the last 3 days.
The assassinations in Aden came after Al-Jazeera TV Channel revealed last week that more than 100 people, mostly mosque preachers and human rights activists, had been killed by criminal gangs backed by the UAE.
Southern political writer, Wadah Bin Atayyh has accused Hadi’s government of carrying out all the assassinations in the Southern Port City of Aden.
“100 days since the expulsion of Hadi’s government, we have not heard of any assassinations and days after they returned back, the assassinations returned to Aden,” Bin Atayyh wrote in a tweet on Sunday.
In October, security services loyal to the United Arab Emirates in the occupied province of Aden said they arrested a cell composed of three elements involved in assassinations occurred in the province.
The UAE-backed security services explained that the terrorist cell affiliated to the terrorist organization “Daesh”, and published confessions of a member of the cell named Mohammed Othman, who said he had engaged in three assassinations in Aden.
A Yemeni journalist accused the UAE occupation forces of being behind the crimes of killing and assassinations in the city of Aden, southern Yemen.
“More than 40 thousands recruits of the UAE-backed militias in Aden could not secure the city,” the journalist Ahmed Maher said on Sunday on his Twitter account.
A US news website revealed that the United Arab Emirates (UAE) is hiring former US soldiers to carry out assassinations against leaders of Islah Party (Muslim Brotherhood) in Yemen.
“This elite of US fighters have spent years of specialized training in the US military to protect America, but they later worked as a private American firm hired by a small desert ownership to kill political rivals,” the website said.
In March 2015, the US -backed –Saudi-led coalition started a war against Yemen with the declared aim of crushing the Houthi Ansarullah movement, who had taken over from the staunch Riyadh ally and fugitive former president Abd Rabbuh Mansur Hadi, while also seeking to secure the Saudi border with its southern neighbor. Three years and over 600,000 dead and injured Yemeni people and prevented the patients from travelling abroad for treatment and blocked the entry of medicine into the war-torn country, the war has yielded little to that effect.
Despite the coalition claims that it is bombing the positions of the Ansarullah fighters, Saudi bombers are flattening residential areas and civilian infrastructures.
More than 2,200 others have died of cholera, and the crisis has triggered what the United Nations has described as the world’s worst humanitarian disaster.