YemenEXtra
YemenExtra

US takes part in killing Yemenis : American official

131

YemenExtra

Y.A

US Defense Secretary James Mattis said that Washington has been engaged in managing Saudi Arabia’s fatal air strikes in Yemen, Press TV reported .

The US is “doing the planning in Yemen strikes, and has shown the Saudis how the concept of a no-strike zone is supposed to work and engaged in a maturing process of battlefield management” Mattis said to reporters at the Pentagon on Tuesday.

Mattis , in addition, stated that the US has been engaged in mid-air refueling of Saudi warplanes that toke the lives of thousands of Yemeni civilians over the past three years since Saudi Arabia launched its war against Yemen.

The Pentagon chief’s remarks contradict previous claimes that the US engagement in the Saudi war on Yemen is very limited, non-combat by providing only intelligence and logistical support.
The White House also claims that its involvement has nothing to do with the civilian death toll in the Arab country.

The Saudi-led coalition’s war against Yemen has , over the past three years, killed 14,291 civilians. Among the 14,291 killed victims are 2,086 women and 9,148 men, according to statistics approved by the Legal Center for Rights and Development.

The number of wounded has reached 22,537, of which are 2,284 women and 17,384 men, who have to accept their new reality of no longer being capable of living a normal life

Moving on to recheck on the damages inflicted by the Yemeni infrastructure, reports indicate that the Saudi regime targeted, with American intelligence support, 15 airports, 14 ports, 2,425 roads and bridges, 179 stations and power generators, 688 water tanks and networks, 410 stations & communication networks, 1,761 government institutions and 41, 3297 destroyed and damaged houses.

According to the latest statistics published by the Legal Center for Rights and Development, nearly 269 chicken and cattle farms have been bombed. In addition and amid an unprecedented famine witnessed in Yemen, the Saudi-led coalition struck 307 factories, 609 commercial markets, 6,912 business establishments, 722 food stores, 596 food tankers, 349 fuel stations, 262 fuel tankers and 3,757 transporters

Almost everything is a target in Yemen, including service facilities, whereas the most recent statistics report the bombing of 903 mosques, 309 hospitals and health centers, 869 institutions and schools, 141 university facilities, 264 tourism facilities, 112 sports facilities, 35 media establishments, 216 archeological sites and finally, while imposing a fatal siege on Yemen, 2,654 agricultural fields targeted.

“Hodeida should be supporting more than 20 million Yemenis. It should be the source of at least 70 percent of all imports to Yemen,” Suze van Meegen, a protection and advocacy adviser with the Norwegian Refugee Council, told AFP.

Earlier this month, the US Congress voted against a resolution that sought to end America’s support for the war.

Last week, the administration of US President Donald Trump approved weapons sales to Saudi Arabia totaling more than $1 billion, despite growing pressure from rights groups to halt arms deals between the West and Riyadh.