No Response from Coalition to Demands for Ceasefire: Spokesman of Yemeni Army
Spokesman of Yemen’s Army, Brigadier General Yahya Saree, said that the Saudi-led coalition has not responded to the UN demands for the establishment of ceasefire in Yemen.
“The US-Saudi coalition has not responded to the (UN) demand and has instead committed more crimes,” Saree told reporters in a press conference in Sana’a on Monday.
He added that the Eastern and Southern parts of Hodeidah and the plants and warehouses in the two towns of al-Durihemi and Kilo 16 have mostly been targeted by the Saudi-led coalition in the past 10 days, noting that they used tens of banned munitions, including cluster bombs, against the civilians.
“1,124 Yemeni civilians have been martyred and 1,665 others wounded so far by the banned bombs deployed by the aggressor coalition,” Saree said.
Since 2015, thousands of civilians, mostly children and women have been killed by Saudi airstrikes. Reports say that the Saudi-led coalition is committing daily crimes in Yemen. The Saudi war has resulted in bringing famine to more than 14 million Yemeni civilian, which is half the population.
A UN panel has also compiled a detailed report of civilian casualties caused by the Saudi military and its allies during their war against Yemen, saying the Riyadh-led coalition has used precision-guided munitions in its raids on civilian targets.