YemenEXtra
YemenExtra

Over dozen UAE paid fighters killed in southen Yemen

307

YemenExtra

Y.A

19 recruits from the paid fighters of the security belt which supported by the UAE, were killed and seven others were wounded on Friday during clashes in Abyan province, sources told YemenExtra.

The sources said that elements of al-Qaeda launched an attack on positions and points belonging to the paid fighters of the security belt supported by the UAE in Mahfad district, and managed to overthrow their headquarters in the district.

The sources added that the control of al-Qaeda elements on the camp of security belt lasted about two hours, where they looted ammunition and equipment, and then they blew up the camp.

The sources noted that military reinforcements from the Shaban elite supported by the UAE and other reinforcements from the security belt camps in Abyan province arrived at Mahfad district to control it after the withdrawal of al-Qaeda elements.

Earlier this morning, southern activists said that the UAE had handed over the security belt camp in Mahfad to al-Qaeda forces and helped them blow up the Brega police station in Aden in a new step to get rid of the southern transition.

Probes done by various groups said the Saudi-led coalition had forged secret alliances with the al-Qaeda terrorists, providing them with weapons and finances under the green light of Washington.

According to a CNN report earlier this year, Saudi Arabia and its main accomplice in the war on Yemen, the UAE, have used US-manufactured weapons as “a form of currency” to buy the loyalties of armed paid fighters in the country, many of which are openly aligned with al-Qaeda.

Moreover, a probe conducted by The Associated Press last year called into question the Saudis’ claims about victories against al-Qaeda militants, suggesting that the notorious terror group is effectively cooperating with the US, Saudi Arabia and its allies in Yemen.

A report issued by New York Times on Thursday sheds light on the motive behind a surprise decision by the United Arab Emirates (UAE) — a key member of a military coalition led by Saudi Arabia — to pull its troops out Yemen, saying Abu Dhabi has come to the conclusion that the war being waged on Yemen is “unwinnable.”

However, last month, about the same time the NYT’s Thursday article claimed that Emirati officials had briefed Western analysts about the Saudi-led conflict appearing “unwinnable,” the newspaper had originally published a report claiming saying that the withdrawal was a “belated recognition” that the war was “no longer winnable.”

In March 2015, the US -backed –Saudi-led coalition started  a war against Yemen with the declared aim of crushing the Houthi Ansarullah movement, who had taken over from the staunch Riyadh ally and fugitive former president Abd Rabbuh Mansur Hadi, while also seeking to secure the Saudi border with its southern neighbor. Three years and over 600,000 dead and injured Yemeni people and  prevented the patients from travelling abroad for treatment and blocked the entry of medicine into the war-torn country, the war has yielded little to that effect.

Despite the coalition claims that it is bombing the positions of the Ansarullah fighters, Saudi bombers are flattening residential areas and civilian infrastructures.

More than 2,200 others have died of cholera, and the crisis has triggered what the United Nations has described as the world’s worst humanitarian disaster.

#YemenCantWait #YemenGenocide #Yemen #Yemencantwait #YemenGenocide #Yemen_children #StoparmingEmirates #StoparmingSaudi #Stopthewaronyemen#LivingInYemenOnTheEdge#SoldarityWithThePeopleOfYemen